⤷ CO (Application Component) Controlling
⤷ FCOM_MASTERDATA_CORE (Package) Master data
|ID||SIMG_FCOM_AIH||Activate Inactive Hierarchies|
|Customizing Attributes||SIMG_FCOM_AIH||Activate Inactive Hierarchies|
|Customizing Activity||SIMG_FCOM_AIH||Activate Inactive Hierarchies|
|Document Class||SIMG||Hypertext: Object Class - Class to which a document belongs.|
In this Customizing activity, you activate inactive hierarchies whose validity dates have arrived. An inactive hierarchy is a type of group, such as a cost center group.
Hierarchies can be maintained by a central master data team and are typically updated periodically, for example, quarterly or yearly. Changes made by the central master data team come into effect on a specific validity date. For these types of hierarchies, you define inactive hierarchies for use in the future.
Other hierarchies do not need inactive hierarchies because they can be updated frequently and easily, for example, the standard hierarchy of a cost center. The changes take place immediately.
You can run this report in the background or in the Schedule Manager (SCMA) transaction.
Note: You can maintain inactive hierarchies for the cost center group in the Web Dynpro application and activate them using this report. You cannot maintain inactive hierarchies for the cost center group in the SAP GUI or use the inactive hierarchies in other applications, such as reporting.
You have complete the following:
- You have defined a hierarchy version in the Customizing activity Define Hierarchy Versions.
This hierarchy version takes effect on the date you run the report or prior to that date.
- You have defined the inactive hierarchies that you need to use this hierarchy version and modified them using the corresponding Web Dynpro application for this type of hierarchy.
- You have the authorization to run this report.
For more information, see CO: Inactive Hierarchies.
Do not maintain relevant hierarchies, current effective hierarchies or inactive hierarchies, when you activate this report.
This report activates and updates current effective hierarchies with changes from related inactive hierarchies.
To update the hierarchies, you proceed as follows:
- Select the hierarchy version. When you run the report, the system analyzes the inactive hierarchies in the hierarchy version and uses them to override the current effective hierarchy. The system skips over hierarchies that are locked or unauthorized. If an effective hierarchy is changed after an inactive hierarchy is created, you get a message. To continue to run the report, you must confirm that you want to do so.
- When the hierarchies are activated, the system updates the effective hierarchies and you can no longer change the related inactive hierarchies. These inactive hierarchies are stored in a database as a record of the effective hierarchy at that point in time. You can display these records in the Web Dynpro application for the cost center group. The system generates and activates an original inactive hierarchy for each effective hierarchy whose first inactive hierarchy version is activated. The hierarchy version ID is empty. Thus, the system stores a record of the effective hierarchy before it is activated for the first time.
If you schedule this report to run as a background job in test mode, messages raised by the system when activating the hierarchies are stored in the application log under the object COOMMD and the subobject COMDACTIVATE.
|ASAP Roadmap ID||204||Establish Functions and Processes|
|Mandatory / Optional||3||Nonrequired activity|
|Critical / Non-Critical||2||Non-critical|
|Country-Dependency||A||Valid for all countries|
Assigned Application Components
|Documentation Object Class||Documentation Object Name||Current line number||Application Component||Application Component Name|
|Maintenance object type||C||Customizing Object|
|Customizing Object||Object Type||Transaction Code||Sub-object||Do not Summarize||Skip Subset Dialog Box||Description for multiple selections|
|IMGDUMMY||D - Dummy object||FCOM_AIH|
|Last changed by/on||SAP||20110316|
|SAP Release Created in||606|