⤷ QM-IM (Application Component) Quality Inspection
⤷ QLEXT (Package) Interfaces for External Inspections
|ID||QPLEXT_PROCESS||BAdI: Check of Obligatory Fields for Externally Triggered Inspection|
|Customizing Attributes||QPLEXT_PROCESS||BAdI: Check of Obligatory Fields for Externally Triggered Inspection|
|Customizing Activity||QPLEXT_PROCESS||BAdI: Check of Obligatory Fields for Externally Triggered Inspection|
|Document Class||SIMG||Hypertext: Object Class - Class to which a document belongs.|
This Business Add-In (BAdI) is used in the Quality Inspection (QM-IM) component.
You can use this BAdI to check if obligatory fields are filled in externally triggered inspections (inspection lots of origin 17, external inspection). This means that you can avoid errors that occur because fields have not been filled, and thereby ensure error-free creation and changing of inspection lots with the origin 17.
This BAdI is called at the start of the function modules QPLEXT_INSPECTION_LOT_CREATE and QPLEXT_INSPECTION_LOT_CHANGE.
You have made the Customizing settings required for external inspections. In addition, you should check if the following settings exist:
- Check if the inspection type 17 (inspection from external system) supplied by SAP, or a customer inspection type for the origin 17 exists under Maintain Inspection Types.
- Check if an entry for the inspection type exists under Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types.
- Check if a number range exists for the origin 17 under Maintain Number Ranges.
- Check if an entry exists for the inspection type under Define Default Values for Inspection Type.
- Check if the sample type 10 (sample from external inspection) supplied by SAP exists under Define Physical-Sample Types.
- Check if a number range exists for the sample type 10 under Define Number Range.
- Check if the screen control key 07 (external inspection) supplied by SAP is available under Maintain Screen Control Keys for Sample Types.
In the standard system, the BAdI is active for inspection type 17 (inspection from external system) of origin 17. If you activate the BAdI without making any changes to it first, the system checks if the data required to create the inspection lot and the samples in quality management (QM) in the ERP system is available when creating or changing an external inspection document.
This BADI is filter-dependent. Create implementations for the required inspection types.
The Business Add-In is not designed for multiple uses.
After you call the IMG activity, the system displays a dialog box where you enter a name for the implementation.
If implementations of this Business Add-In have already been created, the system displays them in a dialog box. You then choose one of them by choosing Create, and continue as follows:
- In the dialog box, enter a name for the implementation of the Add-In and choose Create.
The system displays the initial screen for creating Business Add-In implementations.
- On this screen, enter a short description for your implementation in the Implementation Short Text field.
- If you choose the Interface tab, you will notice that the system has populated the Name of the Implementing Class field automatically, by assigning a class name based on the name of your implementation.
- Save your entries and assign the Add-In to a package.
- To edit a method, double-click its name.
- Enter your implementation code between the
method <Interface Name>~<Name of Method>.and
- Save and activate your code. Navigate back to the Change Implementation screen.
Note: You can also create an implementation for an Add-In and not activate it until later. If you want to do this, do not perform the following step:
- Choose Activate.
When the application program is executed, the code you created is run through.
|ASAP Roadmap ID||257||Create User Exits|
|Mandatory / Optional||2||Optional activity|
|Critical / Non-Critical||2||Non-critical|
|Country-Dependency||A||Valid for all countries|
Assigned Application Components
|Documentation Object Class||Documentation Object Name||Current line number||Application Component||Application Component Name|
|Maintenance object type||E||Business Add-In - Definition|
|Last changed by/on||SAP||20050428|
|SAP Release Created in||600|