⤷ PT-RC (Application Component) Time Data Recording and Administration
⤷ PAOC_TIM_TMW_IMG (Package) TMW: IMG
|ID||PT_TMW_SCRA_RC_104||Define Time Data Sources|
|Customizing Attributes||PT_TMW_SCRA_RC_104||Define Time Data Sources|
|Customizing Activity||PT_TMW_SCRA_RC_104||Define Time Data Sources|
|Document Class||SIMG||Hypertext: Object Class - Class to which a document belongs.|
In this activity, you determine the data sources from which you want to display information in the calendars. You can display data from the following data sources:
- Time data from the Time Management infotypes that are supported by the Time Manager's Workplace, except the Time Events infotype (2001)
- Time pairs formed from the time events in table PT (cluster B2) or table TEVEN if time evaluation has not yet formed pairs for periods
- Time events from table TEVEN
You can choose the time events instead of the time pairs if you also want to display a lot of other time data. This means that you do not have too much information in the calendar at once.
Time events indicate the time at which a time event was posted, time pairs indicate the duration of an attendance, period of off-site work, and so on. You can choose between the two display methods.
Note: If the calendars are set up optimally, it does not make sense to display time events or time pairs to the exact minute or second. It is therefore not advisable to post too many time events in quick succession if you want to display time events or time pairs in the calendars. Otherwise, all time events or time pairs would be displayed one after the other in the daily and weekly calendars, making them extremely difficult to read. This happens particularly if you are processing work time events from Logistics in HR.
You subsequently assign the field selections you create here to the required profiles in the Assign Field Selections to Profiles activity.
- If you want to display time pairs or time events, you must use external time recording subsystems or equivalent technology with which your employees can record their time events.
- You should upload the time events to table TEVEN regularly so that the calendars always display the most current events.
- Choose New Entries.
- Create a field selection and assign it a name that is easily identifiable.
- Choose ENTER and select the field selection.
- Double-click Field Customizing in the dialog structure.
- Choose Choose fields.
- Select a maximum of 2 required data sources and copy them over to the Selected fields area.
- Choose ENTER.
- Save your entries.
For more information about the calendar views, see the SAP Library and choose:
Time Manager's Workplace -> Screen Areas of the Time Manager's Workplace -> Time Data Screen Area -> Views for Entering Time Data
Time Manager's Workplace -> Screen Areas of the Time Manager's Workplace -> Time Data Screen Area -> Views for Entering Time Data ->Annual Calendar
Time Manager's Workplace -> Screen Areas of the Time Manager's Workplace -> Time Data Screen Area -> Views for Entering Time Data ->Monthly Calendar
Time Manager's Workplace -> Screen Areas of the Time Manager's Workplace -> Time Data Screen Area -> Views for Entering Time Data ->Weekly Calendar
Time Manager's Workplace -> Screen Areas of the Time Manager's Workplace -> Time Data Screen Area -> Views for Entering Time Data ->One-Day Calendar
|ASAP Roadmap ID||204||Establish Functions and Processes|
|Mandatory / Optional||2||Optional activity|
|Critical / Non-Critical||2||Non-critical|
|Country-Dependency||A||Valid for all countries|
Assigned Application Components
|Documentation Object Class||Documentation Object Name||Current line number||Application Component||Application Component Name|
|SIMG||PT_TMW_SCRA_RC_104||0||HLA0009704||Personnel Time Management|
|Maintenance object type||C||Customizing Object|
|Customizing Object||Object Type||Transaction Code||Sub-object||Do not Summarize||Skip Subset Dialog Box||Description for multiple selections|
|VC_PT_FIELD_SELECTION_INF||C - View cluster||OH02||CAI|
|Last changed by/on||SAP||20020425|
|SAP Release Created in||110|