⤷ PA-PM-PB (Application Component) Position Budgeting and Control
⤷ PAOC_FPM_FTE_CUSTOMIZING (Package) Position Management: Customizing FTEs
|ID||PBC_FTE_1420||Define Error Codes|
|Customizing Attributes||PBC_FTE_0010||General Settings|
|Customizing Activity||PBC_FTE_1420||Define Error Codes|
|Document Class||SIMG||Hypertext: Object Class - Class to which a document belongs.|
Staff assignment rules map the relationship between a position to be filled and the person to fill it from the point of view of the pay scale valuation. As these relationships can be different, there are a number of IMG activities in Position Budgeting and Control that you use to define entries for staff assignment rules.
If you want the program to check that the staff assignment rules were complied with when a position is filled by a person and issue a message if a rule is infringed, you have to assign this message to a staff assignment rule. You can use error codes for this, or define the message in the implementation for the BADI for the staff assignment rule check. Using error codes has the advantage that it is enough to define the error code as a return value in the implementation. This ensures that the same message is always issued when a particular rule is infringed.
You have the following options if you work with error codes:
- You define an error code in this IMG activity and assign an error message to it.
- You define an error code in this IMG activity without assigning it to an error message. In this case, the system generates an error message from the existing data of the error code. You should only use generated error messages in exceptional cases because you make the evaluation of the staff assignment rule check more difficult.
To map staff assignment rules that the system can check, you have to implement the Business Add-In (BAdI) for the check of the staff assignment rules where a position is filled by a person. You can find more information under BAdI: Staff Assignment Rules Check.
SAP does not deliver any standard settings.
To define your own error code:
- Choose a code of a maximum of 8 characters
- Enter a description.
- Assign the error category to a (default) error category that you defined in the IMG activity Define Error Categories.
- Assign the error category to a (default) error message.
The default error category and the default error message are evaluated in the standard implementation for the BAdI: Post Processing of Check Results.
|ASAP Roadmap ID||204||Establish Functions and Processes|
|Mandatory / Optional||2||Optional activity|
|Critical / Non-Critical||2||Non-critical|
|Country-Dependency||A||Valid for all countries|
|Maintenance object type||C||Customizing Object|
|Customizing Object||Object Type||Transaction Code||Sub-object||Do not Summarize||Skip Subset Dialog Box||Description for multiple selections|
|V_HRFPM_ERRCODE||V - View||SM30|
|Last changed by/on||SAP||20031208|
|SAP Release Created in||500|