⤷ IS-AD-LBK (Application Component) R/3 Log Book
⤷ DIACL_GUI_AD (Package) Logbook: presentation layer (A&D)
|ID||LGE_SUBSCR_ACL||Add-In: Log Entry Subscreen|
|Customizing Attributes||LGE_SUBSCR_ACL||Add-In: Log Entry Subscree|
|Customizing Activity||LGE_SUBSCR_ACL||Add-In: Log Entry Subscreen|
|Document Class||SIMG||Hypertext: Object Class - Class to which a document belongs.|
Implementing Business Add-In LGE_SUBSCR_ACL is a prerequisite in order to be able to capture operational and defect information within the Logbook application. Operational information is stored in log entries, and defect information is stored in log notifications. The reason why SAP does not provide a standard solution for log entries is that operational data is very customer-specific, meaning that different customers will store different information in log entries.
After implementing the Business Add-In, you will be able to create log entries containing your specific operational data within Logbooks and log notifications with reference to log entries.
To better understand all steps listed here, refer to the example implementation listed in the Example section.
- In the Data Dictionary create an append structure containing the fields for your specific operational data. Include this append structure into the DDIC Structure DIACL_LGE_S provided by SAP. This will enable saving your specific log entry data in the database table DIACL_LOG_ENTRY as well as accessing the log entry data when using the Logbook application.
SAP provides standard log entry fields that you don't need to append. These fields are
- Log entry short text
- Log entry ID
- Start and end date, start and end time of operation (4 fields)
- Number of performed cycles per operation
These fields are available to you when defining the Log entry subscreen. (See below). On the database the last five fields are represented by the Operation time and Cycles Measurement documents. (See definition of the corresponding counters below.)
- In the Logbook Customizing transaction for defining the Counters to be updated by the Logbook application, define the counters for the two standard types Operation time and Cycles (transaction DIACLC2). These counters are used to store start and end date/time and number of performed cycles for each operation.
- Based on the display structure DIACL_LGE_DS defined in the DDIC, create your specific log entry subscreen, enabling you to maintain your specific log entry data. (For details, see example implementation listed below.)
- Create your own implementation of Business Add-In LGE_SUBSCR_ACL:
In the Subscreens tab strip link the sub screen area defined in the Add-In with your subscreen that will enable maintaining your specific log entry data.
After you call the IMG activity, the system displays a dialog box where you enter a name for the implementation.
If implementations of this Business Add-In have already been created, the system displays them in a dialog box. You then choose one of them by choosing Create, and continue as follows:
- In the dialog box, enter a name for the implementation of the Add-In and choose Create.
The system displays the initial screen for creating Business Add-In implementations.
- On this screen, enter a short description for your implementation in the Implementation Short Text field.
- If you choose the Interface tab, you will notice that the system has populated the Name of the Implementing Class field automatically, by assigning a class name based on the name of your implementation.
- Save your entries and assign the Add-In to a package.
- To edit a method, double-click its name.
- Enter your implementation code between the
method <Interface Name>~<Name of Method>.and
- Save and activate your code. Navigate back to the Change Implementation screen.
Note: You can also create an implementation for an Add-In and not activate it until later. If you want to do this, do not perform the following step:
- Choose Activate.
When the application program is executed, the code you created is run through.
Business Add-In implementation LGE_SUBSCR_EX; Subscreen 9999 in program SAPLDIACL_GUI_LGE_EX. From the Customizing screen, choose Execute -> LGE_SUBSCR_EX.
|ASAP Roadmap ID||204||Establish Functions and Processes|
|Mandatory / Optional||1||Mandatory activity|
|Critical / Non-Critical||1||Critical|
|Country-Dependency||A||Valid for all countries|
Assigned Application Components
|Documentation Object Class||Documentation Object Name||Current line number||Application Component||Application Component Name|
|SIMG||LGE_SUBSCR_ACL||0||KA50002490||R/3 Log Book|
|Maintenance object type||E||Business Add-In - Definition|
|Last changed by/on||SAP||20030109|
|SAP Release Created in||471|